Thursday, June 21, 2012

Finally found a maxi for me!

I know maxi dresses are all the rage right now, but until this dress I didn't think I could pull one off.  Wondering where I found it... I'm sure you could of guessed it, Marshalls!  Before finding this dress, I tried one that was more flowy and loose fitting.  I decided being barely 5'4'' and pretty thin, something that was fitted would be more flattering.  I've found that with my size, something flowy is just too much material for me, it takes over.  Since most maxi's seem to be less fitted, it took me awhile to find a dress I actually liked.

What do you think?  I'm usually not a huge stripes person but when I tried this dress on I knew it was the one.  One of my favorite parts about it is that it has a inner layer, almost like a slip that goes about 1/2 down my thigh, I think this additional layer gives the dress great shape.

Well as I mentioned above, seeing as I'm barely 5'4'' and wearing a maxi dress, the only thing that is completely necessary are platforms!  I fell in love with these at Marshalls, BCBG nude/coral wedge platforms - aren't they beautiful?? :) With a black and white striped dress, these shoes were perfect for a pop of color!


To add some jewelry to the look I decided to go chunky.  I went with my go to gold watch and then layered on my Alex and Ani bangles.  One of my favorities... Pursue Happiness.






2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Found it at Marshalls - the perfect one! (PS. I removed your comment by accident)

      Delete