Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lucky number 22, that is $22.00!

Today's weather was top notch, so beautiful!  I hate to say it but I just took a peak at the 5-day and I saw 47 degrees somewhere in there next week... ugh!  I guess we have to take what we can get for now.  After my doctor's appointment this afternoon I went on a treasure hunt with my mom.  I decided I need a mannequin for Jezzy's.  Sometimes I struggle trying to display my looks for you so I thought a mannequin would be fun and hopefully make it easier.  Well, after 5 consignment/antique stores and a Salvation Army, we started to get discouraged... UNTIL we called Auntie.  Apparently she had seen some in the Marshalls near her and insisted we stop on the way home.  Mom and I made a deal in the car to take a look around the shoes(how can you not) but not try on anything... I bet you can guess how that worked out!  Sure enough, we walked to the back of the store and there were 2 iron mannequins looking at us!  Not only did I find a full size mannequin, but I picked up a really cute smaller one to display my accessories!  Check them out in the picture, Jezzy's newest additions!

All I have to say about Marshalls right now is - Make time to get in there!  Every time I go in the store I'm known for trying on literally a carriage full of stuff.  Usually I leave with 2 or 3 things, but I always have to try on a bunch.  This trip was different, it was dangerous!  I swear, almost everything I put on I LOVED!  They must have just gotten new stuff in, they are loaded with spring tops that just make you want to smile!  While you're there, make sure to take a stroll in the clearance, they are really marking down their winter stuff and you can pick up some great deals that aren't necessarily just for winter.  I found the amazing boots to the left, all leather and great style for $22.00 (the 6th clearance sticker), now is the time to pick of some things for next year!!  When I'm flipping through the racks I always look for basics, over-sized t-shirts, shirts that are longer to wear with leggings, and usually plain things to dress up with accessories.  I'm only going to share two of my finds tonight, the boots above and...


A tan Vineyard Vines trench - with hood I must add, I love that feature.  Nothing worse than rain on the way into work and nothing to cover your hair, terrible way to start off the day.  There was a original tag on the jacket for $198.00, I got it at Marshalls for $79.99!  I normally wouldn't buy something with a price tag this high but I know I'll get my use out of it and honestly just fell in love with how it looks.  Sometimes you have to spring for the pricey item, especially if you know you're going to get a lot of wear out it of!  This was a good deal, not a great deal but everything else I bought was a great deal so it all balances out.

Tonight I went a little longer, I had a lot to share!  My mom and I had so much fun this afternoon, maybe too much :).  To finish, here's my look from today.  I know last night I forcasted a dress for today, but I woke up and today just wasn't the day.  Instead I chose another skirt, this one army green and black tiger stripped (subtle though).  I wore an off white T, that had heather gray in it.  Over the arms I added my short sleeve black sweater.  For a necklace I wore one of my favorite knotted gold pieces.  To finish the look, I pulled my hair back and wore zippered flower headband.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but where did the week go.  Happy almost Friday!  

1 comment: