Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Blazer and Blouse

Today was a blazer and blouse kind of day.  I had two events after work so I stepped up my look a little bit.  This morning when I was getting dressed I knew exactly what shirt I wanted to wear - a white Tahari blouse that has ruffles down the front and cute details on the shoulders.  For a blazer, I chose a light gray linen and when you look closely you'll notice charcoal and white tweed.  When I'm wearing a blazer I like to wear blouses with ruffles or something on the front to add dimension.  A blazer is very smooth and flat so the blouse gives it a little more oomph :).  For bottoms I went with one of my favorite black dress plants, Editor edition from Express that are wide leg.

For Jewelry, I went with my simple long silver fleur de lis necklace.  With the delicate material and ruffles on my shirt I didn't want to clash with a heavy/chunky necklace.  I decided to sport my black diamond wrap watch, that was enough on its own.  My shoes weren't crazy, black ankle boots that have 3 buckles for some style.  Being so cold, the last thing I wanted was my feet hanging out!  

My favorite part of my outfit was the headband.  Overall, my outfit was simple and stayed on the black and white scheme.  To snaz it up a bit, I chose a black beaded headband and pulled my hair back into a ponytail.  Like I said before, some days I just don't feel like having my hair in my face and headbands are the trick!
Quote I heard today: Plan the work - Work the plan... stuck with me.  What'd you hear today that stuck?

    

No comments:

Post a Comment