Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Little Black Blazer

What's on tap for tomorrow?
I want to wear something a little dressier than today, nothing crazy. During my trip to Marshalls over the weekend I picked up a long blue t-shirt.  Such a steal - clearance for $12.00!  The fabric is really smooth so it looks nice under a sweater or blazer. Tomorrow I'm wearing it under a short cotton black blazer. One of the reasons why I chose a short blazer is because I want to show the back of the shirt. It has a great gathered spine, and because its on the longer side it will show at the bottom of the blazer. The sleeves on the blazer are cinched and cut off just past the elbow. Its a very versatile piece, you can really dress it up or down for the occasion.

For the bottom half I'm going with curvy blank dress pants and my favorite pair of ankle boots.  I'm obsessed with wedges, so I had to get these when I saw them.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE heels but wedges take the cake for comfort!  This pair is Lucky Brand, one of my favorite shoe labels!  The wedge is the perfect height for straight leg pants to show off the boot and works perfectly for bootcut or flares that fall over the toe.

For accessories I chose a chunky silver necklace that falls to my stomach.  Because the shirt is so long, a longer necklace is the way to go!  With the black blazer and darker blue shirt, I chose a shiny silver to stand out.  For a bracelet, I'm wearing a wide chunky silver cuff style.  

Style Tip: Make sure your wardrobe has items that are versatile!  Things like this short black blazer are perfect for the office and a night out!   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment