Friday, March 30, 2012

Blue and Tan for Friday

TGIF!  What a LONG week!  This morning was one of those days I literally tried on 10 different things, "no... no... no... no... finally!"  I started with a blue over-sizd sweater I recently got at Marshalls (on clearance of course) and a fitted white T underneath.  The cut of the sweater is short in the front but longer in the back so you need something for a bottom layer.  It was a great find, $15.00 in the clearance racks!  I really like the color and the style of the sleeves.  The sleeve itself is quite puffy and oversized, but the cool part is the cuff, its tighter so you can push it up your arm to make a cute balloon style sleeve.  Originally I had this sweater on with navy corduroys and boots but when I looked in the mirror I new something wasn't right. With the basicness (my own word) of the sweater, the corduroys were dressing it down too much, too casual for my office.  To contrast the blue, I knew tan would look good so I went with a pair of my tan dress pants.  (To be honest, I thought of going with them from the beginning but I knew they needed ironing and I just didn't feel like it - should of just went with my gut from the beginning ha)!

For jewelry, I went with gold because it went goes really nice with the blue.  Of course I wore my chunky gold watch and bangles to match.  For a necklace I went with a piece that has ivory colored large beads and small gold beads between each one.  I love this piece because the chain is so simple but the beads on your shirt are an attention getter.  

Take a breather, its friday!    

Change out the bottom for the night time look! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment