Thursday, March 29, 2012

Gray tones and a tulip

Since its been so cold the last couple of days I decided to pull the corduroys back out - not too happy about it.  The first thing I chose to wear was this tulip colored ruffle button down, well pull-over in this case.  Like I said the other day, when I'm layering a sweater or some type of blazer I like to add some width to the look so ruffles do the trick.  I picked this shirt up at Ann Taylor Loft on the sale wall - pretty sure it was something like $9.99.  It was something I saw and knew I could get a lot of use out of it.  Over the shirt, I wore one of my favorite sweaters, I love the large collar and flaps down the front.  This piece is made by Inc. - a Macy's brand. Sticking with the gray, I went with my gray skinny corduroys and trusty black leather slouch boots.  For some shine I wore a silver necklace that has some pearls and diamonds.  Its nothing too chunky but definitely carries some weight.

Tip: Pick a colored shirt and go with plain colors around it.  When I look at my outfit, I see a gray palette with a touch of purple, I don't know why but I think of a tulip :)

Looking forward to the weekend, its almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment