Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lace Back - Little Black Dress

Well this weekend I went to my first wedding for a high school friend, a best friend at that!  I really want to know where the time has gone, I swear we were just walking across the stage at graduation.  Well I knew this was going to be a special night but I really had no idea what I was going to wear.  Certainly an important occasion but I didn't want to spend a fortune on a dress.  I hate buying things you only really wear once!

As I was running through the racks at Marshalls last weekend I found it!  From the front it looks like a simple little black dress, or as my sister calls it, a LBD.  It has the stylish peplum ruffle around the waist.  To my surprise, when I flipped it over I noticed the full lace back!  It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the lace had a gold tint to it. I immediately fell in love and knew this was perfect for the occasion!  



I wore shoes that were delicate with gold rings running from a strap at my toes to my ankle.  For jewelry I kept it light with a thin layered gold necklace and four simple bangles.  When wearing a dress like this, you want to keep it classy and let the dress do the talking.  There is no need to layer on the accessories, as the dress itself is the statement.













What to do with your hair with a dress like this?  First things first, make sure the back is uncovered!  Any soft updo would do the trick, I went with a curly ponytail and strand around the elastic. 












I know you are all probably wondering how much it was - of course it was a great fashion find, $19.99!!

Tip: Keep your fashion finds looking classy, wearing all kinds of bold accessories would have turned this look into tacky in a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment