Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Your Staple Black Skirt

Today's look was business casual focused.  The main item is my staple black skirt.  Every girl/lady 20+ needs to have a black pencil skirt in their closet. This one is a Banana Republic find and is great because of the detail.  It has pleats and pockets in the front with a belted waist - giving it some additional style.  These skirts are perfect for all weather, wear it in the summer with sandals and throw it on in the fall/winter with tights and boots.

Paired with the skirt, I chose a slate blue button up from Ann Taylor Loft.  Normally I leave it untucked with dress pants or jeans but I dressed it up today and tucked it into the skirt.  Tucking it in gives the outfit a clean look, exposing the detail of the skirt.  Cuffing the sleeves also softens the look.  Such simple apparel calls for some jewelry so I went with a new piece from Brighton.  A thin long necklace would also work, but I chose something shorter and a bit heavier.  Don't you like it?  It was a birthday present from Mom :) xo.  I'm a summer girl so I like to hold onto summer till the very end.  Seeing as its still hot and humid, I chose a pair of basic black sandals that had black rhinestones on the straps.


Tip: Versatile pieces are going to make your closet go a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment