Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cute summer wear!

The humidity is killing me... its a must to go with a dress or skirt in this weather.  Today I went with one of my favorites, a ruffle layered skirt from Ann Taylor Loft.  I've worn it in the past but this time I paired light colors for more of a summer look.  Wanting the skirt to be the focus, I wore a simple heather gray T (Marshalls). I like to wear fitted plain t's with skirts, easy to tuck in and doesn't get all bunched in the waist.


My accent color for the look was gold.  I wore my chunky gold watch (Speidel), gold ruffle sandals (Madden Girl), gold wire headband (the LOFT) and lastly, my new find - long gold layered necklace! I love this new piece, well first I must explain... I'm pretty sure I accidentally threw out my favorite layered gold necklace, you'll see it in posts below.  It was simple with two strands, and had small knots on each layer - I LOVED it!  I'm still pretty devastated about it but in the mean time I had to try and find a replacement.


What do you think?  I think its pretty cute!  I like the layered strands and think the flower and diamond piece are great details!  Guess where its from... believe it or not I was in Kohl's this weekend with my mom and noticed it on the clearance rack... thanks Lauren Conrad :)

Tip: Keep the colors light to stay cool

No comments:

Post a Comment